Author Topic: nZEDb Dockerfile  (Read 7663 times)

Offline razorgirl

• Helpful: +2/-0
nZEDb Dockerfile
« on: 2014-07-30, 05:12:13 PM »
I have spent a couple of hours dockerizing nZEDb and wanted to share the results. The idea is to be able to quickly set up a new install with all optional tools installed. All descriptions and basic instructions are included in the GitHub repository:

https://github.com/razorgirl/nzedb-docker

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

If you haven't heard of Docker yet, you should really check it out: https://www.docker.com

ruhllatio

Re: nZEDb Dockerfile
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-13, 03:46:19 PM »
Thanks for the contribution.  I'm not familiar with Docker, but if it provides a quick and easy method to spawn test intances of nZEDb I could see how that would be helpful to the Dev team.

Offline razorgirl_

• Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-26, 07:13:22 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response. Vacation time.

I've managed to lose my password to this forum so I had to create a new account. If you could do anything about this, I'd be grateful. It would be nice to have the correct user name back. ;)

Just wanted to let you know that I have completely overhauled the image generation process of my Dockerfile so it behaves much like a virtual server. Now you can generate, run and connect to your own dev environment with just three commands. I hope this helps.

FYI: while testing this, I found several not correctly initialized database fields in the "settings" table. Since it defaults to a fresh install from the master branch, it may come in handy for QA use.

Offline kevin123

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +49/-0
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-26, 08:01:32 AM »
I've changed the password of your other account, see the PM on this new account.

Offline Stanlee

« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-06, 11:45:51 AM »
Thanks, i will try it tomorrow on a DigitalOcean droplet.

Offline jaybird2203

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-11, 06:13:34 PM »
Thanks for this razorgirl, going to go nicely with my unRaid box i'm planning on building...you may have just saved me a bunch of cash if it works the way I'd like it to...

Offline basskozz

« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-30, 07:37:57 PM »
AWESOME Thanks razorgirl !

I was looking for this and I am glad I found it before recreating the wheel.  I am going to give this a go later on this week and let you know how I make out.

I plan on making some tweaks to this as I go...
I'd like to separate the MySQL server from the rest of the app and link containers, that way I don't have to run multiple copies of MySQL on my environment for other containers that require a MySQL database.  But this is a GREAT start (at least from what I've read of your dockerfile and readme).

I would also (on my list of TODOs) be really interested in eventually getting this all running w/o an SSH daemon and running as a non-root user.