Author Topic: Missing parts in NZB due to takedown?  (Read 7918 times)

Offline nutter

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
Missing parts in NZB due to takedown?
« on: 2014-11-23, 02:14:10 AM »
Hi all,

Bit of a noob when it comes to exactly how usenet indexing works but lets say I have use a US based provider for the indexing and a certain file is incomplete with missing parts/blocks due to a takedown, will that leave a hole in my NZB file? i.e. if I then used a Dutch provider (that had the complete file) to download the contents using that NZB, would i get the complete file or would it simply not know about the missing parts so not download them?

Reason for asking is i'm currently using Eweka for the index but it seems to struggle to backfill past 145 days for some groups (a.b.bluray for example) despite it being complete on 5 year old posts according to the nzb tester. I was thinking of using Astra for the index (full of incompletes) then Eweka+Astra for downloads.

Cheers

Offline mordor

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +7/-0
    • autonzb
Re: Missing parts in NZB due to takedown?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-23, 03:27:33 AM »
Most dutch usenet providers Has a bad header retention.

Offline nutter

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-23, 05:24:35 AM »
So if i used astra for the indexing but the release had missing parts, once the nzb was created would i still be able to acquire the entire release (assuming it was complete elsewhere) from the nzb that was created from astra? or would the nzb have "hole" in it and be useless?

Offline Wally73

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +28/-1
  • i'm nuts
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-23, 11:32:24 AM »
Most dutch usenet providers Has a bad header retention.

header retention is fine its the parts retention which is affected by dmca

nzb is / will be fine 99% of the times