Author Topic: PreDB improvements?  (Read 9891 times)

Offline romfrosk

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
    • minftp
PreDB improvements?
« on: 2015-05-29, 12:12:20 AM »
Hi.

I've followed the guide to set up PreDB and IRCScraper, and it seems like everything is working okey.
My tables update as soon as i see an update on the IRC channel.

Is there any improvements to be done after the initial setup?

Add more "groups" to follow. more channels. anything?

Offline seb

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +3/-0
Re: PreDB improvements?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-05-29, 08:19:40 AM »
When you see releases getting added to your DB from the IRCScraper you're good i would say. The whole renaming of the releases happens automatically if matches are found by nZEDb (hashed / crypted to human-readable).

I would suggest to check for releases in a.b.triballs and see if you get any magic from the PreDB ;)

Offline romfrosk

• Junior Indexer
    • minftp
« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-30, 04:58:08 AM »
Is it possible to add more groups or anything to the preDB except the ones in the guide`?

Offline seb

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-30, 10:21:01 AM »
Is it possible to add more groups or anything to the preDB except the ones in the guide`?

I don't unterstand that question. What groups in the guide are you referring to?

Offline johnnyops

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #4 on: 2015-07-30, 07:03:09 PM »
the IRC channel is scraping and posting the various releases by the scene groups. This means that PreDB has everything that is currently being made available.

Example (fake group names):
-your active groups are alt.binaries.game and alt.binaries.console 
-console game is released and uploaded to alt.binaries.test
-since you are not indexing that group then you will miss

So to increase matching accuracy with PreDB, YOU have to make sure you are indexing the known releases groups. For a new site, have a look at the PreDB table after a few days and verify you are indexing the various groups.

Additionally, I would also reference the other long running index sites and have a look at their groups to see if you are missing a big one. Plenty of releases are uploaded to various groups without PreDB information (Interstellar was a  good example as the first day had 8-11 releases and half were preDB; if I recall the very first "completion" verified copy was not a preDB release).