Author Topic: Panes - Explanation  (Read 3330 times)

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +3/-0
Panes - Explanation
« on: 2016-01-26, 06:40:53 PM »
An explanation of what is going on in each pane would be appreciated.

I think I saw something somewhere but I can't seem to remember.

Offline NZBmets

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +11/-0
Re: Panes - Explanation
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-27, 04:49:13 AM »
On the ADMIN web interface, on the TMUX SETTINGS page there is a breakdown of much of the information of the monitor section.  While not exhaustive, it is a good place to start.

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-28, 09:49:42 AM »
On the ADMIN web interface, on the TMUX SETTINGS page there is a breakdown of much of the information of the monitor section.  While not exhaustive, it is a good place to start.

Hi!  Thanks for replying.

I read that.  However, I mean, like literally on a screen that shows the panes.  I've noticed that some panes do several things at the same time and that's why I would like an explanation of what is supposed to be shown in each pane.  I'll post an example and what I think.  Maybe it will help have this conversation flow.

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-28, 10:46:54 AM »
Window 0

I need to understand better the tables description.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-28, 02:36:02 PM by PREngineer »

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-28, 10:47:44 AM »
Window 1

What exactly goes on in these panes?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-28, 02:36:12 PM by PREngineer »

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-28, 10:48:50 AM »
Window 2

Is my assumption correct?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-28, 02:36:23 PM by PREngineer »

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-28, 10:52:28 AM »
Window 3

Do these IRC Scraper entries get added to the PreDB?

Window 4

I see a query but nothing changes here, ever.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-28, 02:36:35 PM by PREngineer »

ruhllatio

« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-30, 06:17:49 AM »
The number of windows/panes you have will be determined by how many features and which running mode you configure.  It looks like you're running fully threaded (Non-sequential) tmux. 

Window 0:

Top Left is the Monitor pane.  This monitors for the other panes to be marked dead and respawns them.  It also provides release information from your database including total counts by category and post-processing queues by function.

Bottom Left is the NZB Import pane.  NZB Imports are exactly what it sounds.  If you are importing, this pane does the work.

Top Right is for binary updates.  Binary updates consist of  fetching new articles from the last 'seen' post for active groups.

Middle Right is for backfill updates.  Backfill updates consist of fetching older articles from the first 'seen' post for active groups.

Bottom Right is for release updates.  Release updates consists of creating releases/nzbs from articles you've fetched through backfill and binaries updates.

Window 1:

Top Left is for release name fixing.  A number of scripts run (if activated within Tmux Settings) that attempt to rename releases using different methods.  MD5 hash matching, PAR2 file checking, NFO renaming, Filename parsing, and Full-Text search matching to name the current methods.

Bottom Left is for TV and theater updates.  TV updates are currently disabled as we haven't updated them yet with the new processing.  Theater updates consist of getting box office information from Rotten Tomatoes for new release movies.

Top Right is for finding and Removing Crap Releases.  Again, this pane uses multiple methods that can be individually enabled through the Tmux Settings page in the admin site.

Bottom Right is for MD5 hash matching and Exact Searchname to PreDB title matching.  While this is nearly identical to the FixReleaseNames scripts for MD5, sometimes the Pre isn't available right away for a release.  As such, this pane only checks releases once for a match and when it doesn't find it it goes into the fixReleaseNames queue.

ruhllatio

« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-30, 06:28:39 AM »
Window 2:

Top Pane is for Post Processing Additional (downloads segments of the release to find audio/video/nfo/par2).  This pane collections release information and stores it for future script usage in the database.  Once PP Add runs, NFO processing runs next.  If an NFO wasn't found during PP Add, it will look within the NZB for the specific .NFO posting and try to grab and import it into the NFO table.

Middle Pane is for Non-Amazon processing but is really just for TV/Movie/Anime post processing.  By post-processing I mean we directly tie a release to third party information (such as the TVDB ID for TV, the IMDB ID for a Movie, and the AniDB ID for Anime).  This helps us organize releases by their respective content in Cover Views.

Bottom Pane is for Amazon type processing (Console games, Books, and Music) but also includes Games and XXX processing.  Again, the feature of this pane is to tie releases to third party IDs and retain their information locally for display and processing use.

Window 3:

Yes, that's exactly what this pane does.  It connects to our IRC channel on SynIRC and listens for PreDB notifications from our collector bot.  When it sees a new post, it inserts the Pre into your local PreDB database.  During insertion, it also calculates hash values for the Pre title for hash matching.  If the Pre includes Request ID information it will also insert that as well.  This pane is vital for making good renames as quickly as possible, though it is possible (but not recommended) to not run IRCScraper and just import the daily dumps.

Window 4:

This pane is there because you turned on the show processlist option within the Tmux settings.  For reference, this pane will not work unless you have a ~/.my.cnf file for the user running Tmux specifying all the needed MySQL login information.

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-30, 07:40:48 AM »
Thank you very much Ruhllatio!

That was very informative indeed and I learned a lot.

Offline dildo_baggins

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +7/-0
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-31, 09:51:34 AM »
this was an eye opener thanks.   question is there a preferrence or better performance to running sequential or not based on everyones experience?   

i.e. "The number of windows/panes you have will be determined by how many features and which running mode you configure.  It looks like you're running fully threaded (Non-sequential) tmux.  "

Offline PREngineer

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-31, 07:04:17 PM »
this was an eye opener thanks.   question is there a preferrence or better performance to running sequential or not based on everyones experience?   

i.e. "The number of windows/panes you have will be determined by how many features and which running mode you configure.  It looks like you're running fully threaded (Non-sequential) tmux.  "

Now that he mentions it... I have it set up running as "Basic Sequential" allegedly.

dildo_baggins <-- Your profile pic is so epic!
« Last Edit: 2016-02-01, 06:18:10 AM by PREngineer »

Offline justn6

• Helpful: +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: 2016-02-10, 01:29:42 AM »
The number of windows/panes you have will be determined by how many features and which running mode you configure.  It looks like you're running fully threaded (Non-sequential) tmux. 

Window 0:

Top Left is the Monitor pane.  This monitors for the other panes to be marked dead and respawns them.  It also provides release information from your database including total counts by category and post-processing queues by function.

Bottom Left is the NZB Import pane.  NZB Imports are exactly what it sounds.  If you are importing, this pane does the work.

Top Right is for binary updates.  Binary updates consist of  fetching new articles from the last 'seen' post for active groups.

Middle Right is for backfill updates.  Backfill updates consist of fetching older articles from the first 'seen' post for active groups.

Bottom Right is for release updates.  Release updates consists of creating releases/nzbs from articles you've fetched through backfill and binaries updates.

My Window 0 only has the two left panes, and one large right pane. Is there a reason for this? It looks like all the things you described for the right panes are going on in the one.

EDIT: Now that I've logged in, I can see the image. You where just separating the outputs to describe the function! Disregard.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-10, 01:32:05 AM by justn6 »