Author Topic: Moving from NN+  (Read 2525 times)

Offline dutchcourage

• Helpful: +0/-0
Moving from NN+
« on: 2016-09-14, 05:19:09 am »
Afternoon all,

I'm a long time user of NN+ but the last year I'm feeling that NN+ development is slowing a great deal and also many of the users have migrated towards NZEDB both events have meant the resources for help with NN+ are becoming ever scarcer. So I'm feeling its time I make the move too.

I was hoping for a few pointers before I build my 1st nzedb indexer
1. is it possible to migrate my current NN+ setup over to nzedb? (currently running ubuntu 16.04, percona, php7)
2. even if it is possible is it recommended? Or would I save a lot of heart ache starting a fresh
3. if I go for a new build is there a recommended setup (debian/ubuntu, php 5.6 or 7 etc...)

Thanks
Dutch

Offline Wally73

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +31/-1
  • i'm nuts
Re: Moving from NN+
« Reply #1 on: 2016-09-14, 08:35:42 am »
the easiest way (imo) is to setup nZEDb (in a separate db)

https://github.com/nZEDb/nZEDb_Misc/blob/master/Guides/Installation/Ubuntu/Guide.md

in NN+ you can export your nzb's and later import them in nZEDb

Offline dutchcourage

• Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: 2016-09-25, 12:49:57 pm »
Thanks for the pointers wally and for the link to the guide.
I remade nzedb with a completely new install (ubuntu 16.04, apache, php7 and mariaDB) then imported my NN+ NZBs as you suggested. All went without a problem.

The main reason I moved from NN+ was the dying community, as such I am not too familiar with the main differences between NN+ and nzedb, Is there a post somewhere detailing the main changes?

Offline kaibosh

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +18/-0
« Reply #3 on: 2016-09-26, 08:18:55 am »
Compared to the gpl'd version of nnplus, you can find a brief (if somewhat out-dated) list of the functional improvements at the start of the README.md file. For details, see the Changelog and ReleaseNotes.

fwiw community wise, you'll find more generally find more activity on irc and github than around here.