Author Topic: Changing default search behavior?  (Read 79 times)

Offline dodgeboy

• Helpful: +0/-0
Changing default search behavior?
« on: 2017-06-19, 10:51:24 AM »
I've noticed that when I compare search results from nzedb2 to other indexers, the results are very different.  For instance, if I search for "Ace Ventura Pet Detective" on nzedb2, I get results containing any of those words (over 200 results, mostly nonsense), because no operand between terms is the same as an "OR" operand.  However, all of the other indexers I use seem to behave as if no operand equals an "AND" operand.  The same search on another indexer will only show me results that include all of those words (in this case 16 results).  I get similar results from nzedb, if I prepend each word with a !.  Is there a way to change the default behavior?  Since I usually make search calls from NZBHydra, I can't simply add the ! operand before each term.

Offline kaibosh

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +15/-0
Re: Changing default search behavior?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-06-19, 01:02:22 PM »
You can change the search setting in:
Code: [Select]
configuration/settings.php look for
Code: [Select]
nZEDb_RELEASE_SEARCH_TYPE

Sphinx is the fastest and most flexible, however it may be tricky to setup.

Offline dodgeboy

• Helpful: +0/-0
Re: Changing default search behavior?
« Reply #2 on: 2017-06-21, 05:39:21 AM »
Thanks.  Does switching to Sphinx (I ran it on an older newznab box I had setup at one point) change the search behavior?  I was under the impression that it just indexed and sped up the searches, but would return the same results either way.

Offline Wally73

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +23/-1
  • i'm nuts