Author Topic: TV Shows not being found  (Read 394 times)

Offline bobtongue

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +6/-0
  • Wherever you go, There you are!
TV Shows not being found
« on: 2017-10-19, 09:54:00 AM »
So it seems that most of the popular TV shows are not available through the normal indexing procedures. Sonarr hasn't been able to pick up more than 10 - 15 % of the shows I look for through my indexer. I checked binsearch and there was nothing found there. I figured maybe usenet was dying as far as TV Shows so I scouted about a bit. I picked up a trial membership to nzbgeeks to see if they had anything and lo and behold, all of the shows were there. It would seem that there is a new way to obfuscate the file names that nzedb cannot read. So the question is, is nzedb dead as far as indexing these shows, or is there something in the works to rectify this issue? Not worth the bandwidth indexing if nothing is found.

Offline david_ritterhous

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +5/-0
Re: TV Shows not being found
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-30, 01:08:58 PM »
For starters, the programmers need to update nzedb to support this new posting method where a post is uploaded to multiple groups.  So if there are 20 files, the uploader posts each file to a different group.

Offline Darius

• Enforcer
  • Helpful: +7/-1
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-31, 01:55:49 AM »
We already have MultiGroup support built in, but this has been taken to another level with random poster, messageID and subject, so it is impossible to create releases with current indexing model.

Offline nutter

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: 2017-12-06, 12:38:14 PM »
So is it safe to say that nzedb is dead for automatically creating TV show releases and likely all other releases in the near future (if not already)?

I assume the multi group and multi poster thing is to avoid take downs?

How are others dealing with it?

Offline ebro

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +5/-0
« Reply #4 on: 2017-12-06, 02:52:53 PM »
I don't think it's to avoid take downs. Seems more like a revenue stream.

ie come to our site, pay and you get the good stuff.

Offline bobtongue

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +6/-0
  • Wherever you go, There you are!
« Reply #5 on: 2017-12-08, 08:32:05 AM »
I have resorted to a paid indexer site to get the tv shows. I am still trying to figure out why I am still running the indexer. I just keep hoping that there will be a "fix" for it.

Offline Darius

• Enforcer
  • Helpful: +7/-1
« Reply #6 on: 2017-12-08, 10:07:35 AM »
Way releases are posted to usenet has changed, there will be no remedy for that.