Author Topic: Error storing dump file  (Read 692 times)

Offline houseofdreams

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
Error storing dump file
« on: 2017-11-10, 05:36:52 AM »
Hi

I'm fairly new at nZEDb, so my aplogies if my problems are actually really easily solvable  ::) I have setup a nZEDb site, all is working, but now I read alot about preDB? Is it usefull to implement this? What does this actually do?

I see a lot of scrambled filenames of nzb's & filenames inside these nzb's, but still, other nZEDb based sites seem to find the actual content of these nzb's and rename it accordingly...

I have followed this info http://nzedb.readthedocs.io/en/master/predb.html but when I run
Code: [Select]
php data/predb_import_daily_batch.php 0 local trueI get lot's of Error storing dump file 1405531443 in (/var/www/nZEDb/resources/). errors. The directory is writable, so that cannot be the problem? Anyone that has an idea what could be wrong? (I'll keep searching myself as well)

When I run the sequential screen script (simple-expanded) then I also get a lot of these errors...
« Last Edit: 2017-11-10, 09:13:08 AM by houseofdreams »

Offline finalmillenium

• Junior Indexer
Re: Error storing dump file
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-12, 02:02:07 AM »
I've had this happen because the partition I had nzedb on was full and also because I ran it as a user that did not have write permissions or wasn't part of the www-data group on debian.
The output from df will tell you if the partition is full, otherwise try the command from root or sudo to see if it runs.

Offline houseofdreams

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-12, 04:52:56 AM »
Disk is only at 19% (should have made a bigger disk to start with) so that isn't the problem.

I have to be honest, I'm a long time windows user, so I'm still not up to speed on the permissions on linux. I have only a webserver running, following multiple tutorials :)

Another question: I'm currently running ZNC / IRCScraper, so I assume the daily import of these files isn't actually needed?

Offline finalmillenium

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-12, 09:13:56 PM »
Check the output from ls -l in the nzedb directory, it will show you the permissions.  something like this:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 www-data www-data   45 Oct 10 01:30 file
Permissions, links, owner, group, size, date, filename
I suggest you google for a crash course on permissions, not hard to learn just not easy to explain in a forum post. Might be ownership issue, but I can't say without seeing the setup or logs.