Author Topic: Decrypt Hashes / Releases to Process always at 10240  (Read 707 times)

Offline akbar56

• Helpful: +0/-0
Decrypt Hashes / Releases to Process always at 10240
« on: 2017-11-22, 06:30:47 AM »
Hi. I noticed that on my instance of nZEDb, whenever the tmux script gets to the decrypt hashes stage. It's always 10240 releases. I looked through my configuration, but I can't seem to find where that value is declared. It seems to me that somewhere 10240 is set as a maximum, but there are more releases than that to process, so I'm wondering if stuff simply always gets pushed into the next cycle and my nZEDb instance never manages to completely catch up.

Offline kaibosh

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +18/-0
Re: Decrypt Hashes / Releases to Process always at 10240
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-23, 11:49:59 AM »
It's probably a setting in the user_threaded.sh script. It's one that you customise for your install and personal preference (as it doesn't get overwritten when updating).

It's unusual that you'd always hit that limit, so if you're backfilling, reduce the amount processed per loop and try to keep the user_threaded loops between 10-40 minutes max.

To crunch through that backlog, either double or add another zero to that maximum. It's normally quick anyway depending on the hardware setup.