Author Topic: regex question  (Read 1182 times)

Offline david_ritterhous

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +6/-0
regex question
« on: 2018-01-22, 11:23:23 AM »
As a last used regex, meaning it will try everything else and then if no match, just use this one.  Is there a way to make a "catchall" type regex?  What I am trying to do, I am trying to do something for global search and am looking to just create a release as long as its complete even if it doesn't match any other regex. 

Sort of like a catchall.  If it didnt match anything it will just use the actual subject for the release name.

Update:
Reading the regex guide I have tried to make a Collection Regex that is just:
/^./

Its not working, which if it did I would have been shocked.  I read that . means to match anything.

TIA
« Last Edit: 2018-01-22, 11:47:04 AM by david_ritterhous »

Offline david_ritterhous

• Prolific Indexer
Re: regex question
« Reply #1 on: 2018-01-29, 06:46:08 AM »
Ok, as I have continued this quest, I am having issues (no shocker there)

I am assuming I need to first create a collections regex?  or do I need to just create a release regex?

I have tried running some tests in the release regex but even if I copy an existing one into the test area, it just returns 0 results.  Just need some direction please.

EDIT:
I just thought of this, is there a way to view releases that did not match any regex?  That would help in seeing what regex's I could test against.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-29, 06:51:18 AM by david_ritterhous »

Offline ordeneus

• Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: 2018-02-05, 04:45:00 PM »
. does mean anything, but you didn't say how many anythings!

You need a quantifier.

* means zero or more.

So, .* means zero or more of anything...

Offline david_ritterhous

• Prolific Indexer
« Reply #3 on: 2018-02-05, 07:19:17 PM »
I am just trying to get it to match everything and make anything a collection that it can.  I am working on something that might help to be similar to binsearch but these regex's are kicking my arse