Author Topic: PRE's that do not appear in the regular PREDB  (Read 249 times)

Offline sinistra

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +2/-0
PRE's that do not appear in the regular PREDB
« on: 2018-08-11, 08:50:39 AM »
Since the chat was idle for over 12 hours i'm going to post it here aswell.

On this URL: https://allfilled.newznzb.info/ there appear to be PRE's that do not appear in the regular PREDB, are they private? or is there another channel to scrape? if so, does anybody know the name? besides the 2 known defined in the ircscraper_settings.php?

Offline archer

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +5/-0
Re: PRE's that do not appear in the regular PREDB
« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-11, 02:07:52 PM »
12 hours is not that long on the weekend. People have things to do other than watch chat all day :-)

You may be misunderstanding the purpose of the PReDb table. It is not to list every scene release, but to allow decoding of hashed releases.

On the other hand, if you understand that, then that site is either listing releases from private sources OR they are simply listing every release they hear of regardless of if they can find it on usenet.

That site appears to be a tool for finding if a release exists, it does nothing to help you find it.
Support my tech addiction.

Offline sinistra

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +2/-0
Re: PRE's that do not appear in the regular PREDB
« Reply #2 on: 2018-08-12, 12:24:57 AM »
12 hours is not that long on the weekend. People have things to do other than watch chat all day :-)

You may be misunderstanding the purpose of the PReDb table. It is not to list every scene release, but to allow decoding of hashed releases.

On the other hand, if you understand that, then that site is either listing releases from private sources OR they are simply listing every release they hear of regardless of if they can find it on usenet.

That site appears to be a tool for finding if a release exists, it does nothing to help you find it.

Hey Archer, i fully understand people have other things to do, like myself ;-) and since i needed to leave my station i copied the question onto the forum.

I know how PReDb works, the things i was looking for is this:

There are some indexer's which have certain releases listed that aren't picked up by nZEDb.

These releases can be found on a few indexers posted by nEwZ[NZB] <pr3d@NET.world> , my install isn't picking these up, altough i have tried indexing the entire listing of a.b.newznzb.* groups, no luck.

Example:

Name:   I.Am.Paul.Walker.2018.WEB.x264-TBS
Group:   a.b.newznzb.mike
Category:   Movies > HD
Size:   646.10 MB (100%)
Grabs:   0 times
Files:   3 files
Password:    None
Poster:   nEwZ[NZB] <pr3d@NET.world>
Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 (Today)
Added:   Aug 12, 2018 (Today)

Name:   VA - Lloret 2018 (EDM Party)-(BLV5513966)-WEB-2018-ZzZz
Group:   a.b.newznzb.lima
Category:   Audio > MP3
Size:   248.88 MB (100%)
Grabs:   0 times
Files:   32 files
Password:    None
Poster:   nEwZ[NZB] <pr3d@NET.world>
Posted:   Aug 12, 2018 (Today)
Added:   Aug 12, 2018 (Today)

Where do these come from? which Pre source?