Author Topic: Dev Branch  (Read 3298 times)

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Helpful: +93/-1
  • Lazzy Trucker
    • nZEDb
Dev Branch
« on: 2013-08-09, 02:56:58 PM »
In the dev branch, you are moving to regexes to create releases. What is being done with the headers that do not match a regex for that group?

Offline kevin123

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +49/-0
Re: Dev Branch
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-11, 01:37:53 PM »
I redid the generic regexes (the 2nd function) so they don't bunch as much anymore. But for releases like music it means if they don't match a regex that is not in the generic function(2nd function) they will all get made as individual releases.

So the non generic regex (the first function) are there for 2 things, 1 to make sure some special cases of subjects don't bunch if they would have ran through the generic regex (the 2nd function), 2 to make sure that subjects (like the music example above) get matched together.

The 3rd function with a long list of regex is for cleaning names.
The 4th function is if the 3rd function has no regex, it removes multiple spaces and the yEnc part from the end.

In conclusion, every subject matches a regex.

Edit: Since the 2nd function does not bunch anymore, it also means it doesn't match as well anymore, so the first function becomes very important, otherwise you end up with the music scenario above. I've been working hard on making these regex, but it's going to take a very long time before I can go through every group to fix all of those that are not getting matched together.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-11, 01:41:36 PM by kevin123 »