Author Topic: Parts not inserting in db on new install  (Read 4017 times)

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
Parts not inserting in db on new install
« on: 2013-08-25, 12:57:21 pm »
I just did a fresh install of nZEDb (new clone of repository, fresh db, etc.), added my api keys, converted the tables to innodb and activated a.b.hdtv.x264.

Everything looks like it's running fine, but the downloaded parts never get inserted into the db. There aren't any errors logged from nZEBb:

Code: [Select]
Getting 20,001 articles (2,579,618,803 to 2,579,638,803) from alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 - 8,770,216 in queue.
Receiving 569KB
12:52:17: Received 20,001 articles of 20,001 requested, 20001 blacklisted, 0 not yEnc.
2.99s to download articles, 5.83s to process articles, 0.00s to insert articles, 9.13s total.

I converted the tables back to myisam and the parts are still not inserting.

Before I tear my machine apart looking for the problem, has anyone encountered this? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Helpful: +93/-1
  • Lazzy Trucker
Re: Parts not inserting in db on new install
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-25, 01:06:23 pm »
Check your blacklist. Those parts were dropped because they matched a blacklist.

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-25, 02:35:22 pm »
Oh god, that's embarrassing. I didn't even look at the blacklisted count in the log because I assumed the blacklist was checked during post processing now that there's a blacklist setting in Remove Crap Releases.

In my defense, it's Sunday and it's been a long week.  ???

Thanks again, JB.

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #3 on: 2013-08-25, 02:49:20 pm »
I have 1 blacklist and 1 whitelist. It was the whitelist that caused the problem.

Code: [Select]
100000:a.b.*:Whitelists groups.:White:Subject:Disabled:[ -.](PRoDJi)
Disabled the whitelist and articles are inserting again. Is whitelisting broken?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-25, 04:27:27 pm by mtwitty »

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Helpful: +93/-1
  • Lazzy Trucker
« Reply #4 on: 2013-08-25, 02:52:32 pm »
I've never used black/white lists, so not sure.

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #5 on: 2013-08-25, 04:30:13 pm »
I know Kev does/did…I'd been using his sports blacklists until I reset everything. Maybe he'll weigh in.

Offline kevin123

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +49/-0
« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-25, 06:28:54 pm »
Whitelist means it rejects anything but. So anything that doesn't contain [ -.](PRoDJi) is rejected.

Also [ -.] means any character between space and period ( I think you meant [ .-] ) and () around ProDJi is not needed -> [ .-]ProDJi

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-25, 06:52:08 pm »
Whitelist means it rejects anything but. So anything that doesn't contain [ -.](PRoDJi) is rejected.

So, in this implementation you can only have one whitelist? And if you use a whitelist, everything else is rejected? The normal meaning of a whitelist is to allow anything matching, not to reject anything that doesn't.

If everything not matched by the whitelist is rejected, how do you whitelist certain things without blacklisting everything else?

Also [ -.] means any character between space and period ( I think you meant [ .-] ) and () around ProDJi is not needed -> [ .-]ProDJi

I know that [ -.] is odd, but that's how the stock blacklists are written. Likewise with the parentheses. I didn't feel like troubleshooting if they were written that way for a reason.

Offline kevin123

• Overlord
  • Helpful: +49/-0
« Reply #8 on: 2013-08-26, 06:03:46 pm »

So, in this implementation you can only have one whitelist? And if you use a whitelist, everything else is rejected? The normal meaning of a whitelist is to allow anything matching, not to reject anything that doesn't.

If everything not matched by the whitelist is rejected, how do you whitelist certain things without blacklisting everything else?

I know that [ -.] is odd, but that's how the stock blacklists are written. Likewise with the parentheses. I didn't feel like troubleshooting if they were written that way for a reason.

When we made those (zoggy and I) I didn't know much about regex, which is why it's like that.

For whitelists to work you would need to add whitelists for everything you want.

Offline mtwitty

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #9 on: 2013-08-26, 06:39:33 pm »
For whitelists to work you would need to add whitelists for everything you want.

Eeek!

I think I'll fork the repo and take a look at this. It should be as simple as flagging anything that matches a whitelist entry so it bypasses any subsequent blacklist entries.

Do you recall if the black/whitelist entries are matched in the same order they appear in the list?

Thanks.