Author Topic: Battling that a$$hole codec poster  (Read 218995 times)

Offline Darius

• Enforcer
  • Helpful: +8/-1
Re: Battling that a$$hole codec blocker
« Reply #30 on: 2014-06-11, 05:03:26 am »
removeCrapReleases.php codec looks for releases containing x264 wmv and x264 avi releases OR the files included. If i was in your place, i would not include  mp4, mpg or mkv as the codec spammer is not using those, and you are removing valid releases. For now the codec spam is using only wmv and avi extensions.

Offline david_ritterhous

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +6/-0
« Reply #31 on: 2014-06-11, 05:29:47 am »
Ok so I have some odd results using the latest 'codec' option.... I see you added in wmv|avi and this is indeed catching more results.
Not being a guru such as yourself, please let me know if my understanding of your work is accurate:

The query is looking in the categories specified, for releases with wmv OR avi with filenames which contain \Codec\Setup.exe OR 'If_you_get_error.txt'

I put together a test VM - pulled down ONLY movie categories, then expanded your work  by changing only the   wmv|avi   to   wmv|avi|mp4|mpg|mkv

This caught a TON of valid releases...which makes me wonder, why?  If none of them contained either search term - how or why would valid releases be included?  It's just weird - I also did a search against releasefiles and looked for %Setup.exe% - I had 3 hits yet using the script hand close to 200....

I think it was with what you did "by changing only the   wmv|avi   to   wmv|avi|mp4|mpg|mkv"

Offline slypknot

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +2/-0
« Reply #32 on: 2014-06-11, 06:34:16 am »
removeCrapReleases.php codec looks for releases containing x264 wmv and x264 avi releases OR the files included. If i was in your place, i would not include  mp4, mpg or mkv as the codec spammer is not using those, and you are removing valid releases. For now the codec spam is using only wmv and avi extensions.

arrgh... and this is why I'm not a DBA.  I somehow missed the OR and thought of it as an AND.  Glad it was a VM ;)

Offline rehatiel

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +7/-0
« Reply #33 on: 2014-06-18, 05:38:08 pm »
Added hd@love.com

Offline bobtongue

• Prolific Indexer
  • Wherever you go, There you are!
Re: Battling that a$$hole codec poster
« Reply #34 on: 2014-07-17, 01:18:11 pm »
Now I see a new twist to the codec crap. The release now has a folder named vlc media player new version

Read me says if the file doesn't play then install new version of vlcmedia player.

The file in the folder is vlc.media.player.2.1.4.exe.

You know its not vlcmedia player.

Offline rehatiel

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #35 on: 2015-02-17, 07:00:01 pm »
Been a little while.. updated my list.

Offline BeZazz

• Prolific Indexer
  • Helpful: +9/-2
    • BeZazz