Author Topic: "php postprocess.php nfo true" seems to hang  (Read 3028 times)

Offline hanshansen

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +1/-0
"php postprocess.php nfo true" seems to hang
« on: 2014-08-15, 04:22:39 pm »
Hi,

I have a problem with postprocessing. When I run "php postprocess.php nfo true" I only get this output on the console and the php process uses 100% of one core.

Code: [Select]
Processing 100 NFO(s), starting at 100 * = hidden NFO, + = NFO, - = no NFO, f = download failed.

Available to process, -1 = 2,180,648.

It then hangs for several hours and I need to kill it. I checked with lsof what file it is processing when it hangs and moved it out of the directory. When I run postprocess.php the next time it goes further until it hangs at the next file.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of it? Also, is "2,180,648" the amount of files it still needs to process? Is it quite high or normal?

Offline egandt

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +8/-0
Re: "php postprocess.php nfo true" seems to hang
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-16, 05:32:05 pm »
I had the same issue.  It only happened one time, so far, but it is annoying.

ERIC

Offline hanshansen

• Decent Indexer
  • Helpful: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-17, 07:24:20 am »
I had the same issue.  It only happened one time, so far, but it is annoying.

ERIC

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one with this problem. As a workaround I wrote a little script which checks every minute what file is open by that script. If it's the same file after one minute, then I moved it somewhere else and killed and restarted the postprocess script. It looked like it only happened to nzbs which were created within the same couple of hours. Who knows what the problem was. The problem didn't reappear for half a day now...
« Last Edit: 2014-08-17, 07:26:05 am by hanshansen »

Offline bertha5

• Helpful: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-12, 04:08:14 am »
I had the same issue which I traced back with lsof to a corrupt .nzb.gz file. Thanks for the lsof hint.