Author Topic: Par2 Rename not working?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline slayer99

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
Par2 Rename not working?
« on: 2017-07-08, 01:00:47 pm »
As nrk666 alluded to in his previous post here, there's an issue with a.b.e obfuscation.  He had some success running renametopre.php in order to get the naming to work, but it's not working for me.  I truncated my predb tables and started over clean today and reran the renametopre.php script as well as fixreleasenames.php (using renametopre all 40) to no avail.  It DOES fix some names when it runs, just not the obfuscated names (which are really only removing all vowels).  I've actually run renametopre all and still no joy.

I had a PM discussion with him nrk666 and he stated that par2 renames didn't work for him either.

For example, here's a subject posting in a.b.e:

pcfnm.17.06.30.kyl.k.lz.rnbw.rbcc.smyth.nd.sln.sky.dghtrs.frnds

When you click on the link inside nzedb, you get the following details:

pcfnm.17.06.30.kylie.k.liz.rainbow.rebecca.smyth.and.selina.sky.daughters.friends.mp4   No   513.16 MB   Jul 8, 2017
pcfnm.17.06.30.kylie.k.liz.rainbow.rebecca.smyth.and.selina.sky.daughters.friends.r00   No   14.31 MB   Jul 8, 2017
pcfnm.17.06.30.kylie.k.liz.rainbow.rebecca.smyth.and.selina.sky.daughters.friends.r01   No   14.31 MB   Jul 8, 2017
etc.

I've run the fixreleasenames.php manually using the following arguments
8 true all (and preid) yes (and no) show

It doesn't rename the file according to what it finds in par2. 

I know I'm getting matches against the preDB for many of the categories...but when that fails, shouldn't the par2 rename work?

Thanks

Offline slayer99

• Junior Indexer
Re: Par2 Rename not working?
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-10, 03:20:47 pm »
I found this very issue was reported here:

https://github.com/nZEDb/nZEDb/issues/1926

Would be nice if we could force a rename based on the par2 info on xyz group if we chose to do that.  I'm not sure if that should be a feature request or what.

Offline slayer99

• Junior Indexer
Re: Par2 Rename not working?
« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-12, 10:09:09 am »
Poking around a bit in the DB.  Looks like what I need is a SQL query that names the release as the same as the name in the table release_files.  Unfortunately, I'm not a SQL guy so I have no idea how to write that query.