Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 13361 times)

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +0/-0
Some questions
« on: 2013-05-15, 12:31:45 pm »
Hello there and thank you all for your hard work on the project.

Tbh i was a huge fan of Mysterbin indexer and ive never considered newznab++ as an adequate alternative.(no thanx to regex system)

So i wonder how does nzedb compare to mysterbin?

To tell you the truth i ve never cared about having releases designed the way newznab has them. With all these fancy covers, imdb links description and what not.

What mysterbin had and the way it was designed was more than enough. it indexed almost everything and i was able to search within archivessee what was  inside any collection. A sheer number of releases i found via mysterbin...well.. newznab++ didnt have any chances, leaving out so many of them)

So,what im curious about is  whether nzedb can do the same stuff mysterbin could?

1)Full index not based on regexes, same as newsleecher has for instance
2)Searching within archives
3)Showing the contents of archives

How does it fare with all these obfuscated posts?

And the last group specific question:could somebody show a screenshot(here orPM me) of last 2-3 days old releases at a.b.vesdaris? It's a bitch of a group lol and im interested in how nzedb indexes stuff there

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: 1969-12-31, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Killerc

• Junior Indexer
  • Helpful: +2/-0
  • deathadder on IRC
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: 2013-05-16, 06:01:50 pm »
Having never used mysterbin i cant really compare but i can say you can answer most of those questions yourself just by reading the info on the frontpage of the git. ;)

In all fairness if you have a system with webserver setup or can clone one you can setup nZEDb in around 10mins including the full run and process (not postprocess maybe) of one group in about 10mins. Having done it earlier today myself in around that time, but it wasn't my first setup. Maybe that would be a better way of getting the answers you want.

Encrypted posts it copes quite well with assuming what they used as a start point isnt something stupid, noticed a few "himym" earlier on a group which as a pure search doesnt show up so well.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-16, 06:03:39 pm by Killerc »

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #2 on: 2013-05-18, 08:40:49 am »
Ok i managed to set it up on xampp.

As far as i can see it does NOT allow searches within archives content("Rar Contains:)", doesn't show archives content for all non passworded collections for some reason, and sadly i didn't get anything at all in a.b.vesdaris. I mean i didn't even get something like this 
Maybe im doing something wrong)

Anyways this new experience was quite rewarding and im looking forward to changes your team introduce next

PS For some reason whenever i click Reset\Purge my groups get deactivated ;(

PPS Another thing.. i tested a.b.hdtv.x264 group( 2 days retention) and i got only 17 or so collections

This is what i get from a raw indexer(newsleecher)
1 day retention, min 3Gb size. >  361 collections

Is it possible to make nzedb work like mysterbin, like newsleecher? Raw index.

a.b.dvd

35 releases + 4 in misc /1 day 

open nzbindex and browse a.b.dvd. MUCH more releases than 35.

I would really like to make nzebd to index everything..
« Last Edit: 2013-05-18, 10:50:27 am by Semela »

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Helpful: +93/-1
  • Lazzy Trucker
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-18, 11:42:57 am »
Welcome and thank you for your comments. To help you understand how we are different than nn+, here is a little info.
There is a 2 hour delay for all collections that do not include the parts in the header. So, after there is no activity for the collection for 2 hours a release will be created. so, you can not just download and compare, you have to wait at least 2 hours after the last activity and allow the release to be created.
I posted this a few days ago.

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #4 on: 2013-05-18, 12:05:33 pm »
I see. Thank you for your input it was really helpful.

I'll certainly wait 2+h and see what happens but tbh i doubt it will produce releases close to a number of raw search results.=) At least at this quite early stage of development which is totally understandable
Anyways,getting rid of regexes  and improving search(these ones i liked the most compared to nn+) is still a huge step into the bright future=)
Keep up the good work ;)

PS can i sort of  "push" for this delay manually?

PPS  Hmm got a problem

Undefined property: stdClass::$catwebdl in C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\www\lib\category.php on line 83

error on the main page and none of nzbs are working. they  just seem to be empty

and this error i get when i try to downlaod it with sab
Invalid NZB file xxx.nzb, skipping (reason=junk after document element, line=2
« Last Edit: 2013-05-18, 01:00:15 pm by Semela »

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Lazzy Trucker
« Reply #5 on: 2013-05-18, 01:02:59 pm »
I see. Thank you for your input it was really helpful.

I'll certainly wait 2+h and see what happens but tbh i doubt it will produce releases close to a number of raw search results.=) At least at this quite early stage of development which is totally understandable
Anyways,getting rid of regexes  and improving search(these ones i liked the most compared to nn+) is still a huge step into the bright future=)
Keep up the good work ;)

PS can i sort of  "push" for this delay manually?

PPS  Hmm got a problem

Undefined property: stdClass::$catwebdl in C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\www\lib\category.php on line 83

error on the main page and none of nzbs are working. they  just seem to be empty

and this error i get when i try to downlaod it with sab
Invalid NZB file xxx.nzb, skipping (reason=junk after document element, line=2
Did you update the database after pulling the last update?
And I believe that nZEDb gets many more releases than nn+ ever could.

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #6 on: 2013-05-18, 01:23:52 pm »
Oh my bad..I guess i missed something. How do i update database after updates?

Yeah it picks up more than nn+ but nn+ picks up a tiny amount compared to what is posted(raw indexers) anyways ;)
that would be my ideal indexer- indexing like mysterbin) unfortunately  the throne of the dead king is still vacant )

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Lazzy Trucker
« Reply #7 on: 2013-05-18, 02:10:35 pm »
Sorry, never heard of mysterbin. To update the db, run:
Code: [Select]
php misc/testing/DB_scripts/patchmysql.php

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #8 on: 2013-05-18, 02:30:05 pm »
Cheers!

c:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_scripts>c:\xampp\php\php.exe patchmysql.ph
p
You must suply the directory to the patches.

"C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\db\patches"
where should i put it?

if i put it like this

then i get

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\db\patches4_28_2013_4
_site.sql in C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_scripts\patchmysql.php on lin
e 138

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\h
tdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_scripts\patchmysql.php on line 138

Warning: fopen(C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\db\patches4_30_2013_1_tmux.sql): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_
scripts\patchmysql.php on line 137
etc etx

and in the end

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\h
tdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_scripts\patchmysql.php on line 138
Nothing to patch, you are already on patch version 37.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-18, 02:34:19 pm by Semela »

Offline jonnyboy

• Epic Indexer
  • Lazzy Trucker
« Reply #9 on: 2013-05-18, 02:37:37 pm »
None of the devs run windows. Try importing the patches manually. :)

Offline Semela

• Junior Indexer
« Reply #10 on: 2013-05-18, 02:39:28 pm »
ok it seems patch is applied)

my mistake was omitting "\" from C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\db\patches in the end;)

"c:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\misc\testing\DB_scripts>c:\xampp\php\php.exe patchmysql.ph
p C:\xampp\htdocs\nZEDb\db\patches\
SUCCESS: INSERT IGNORE INTO `site` (`setting`, `value`) VALUE ('catwebdl', 0);
SUCCESS: UPDATE `site` set `value` = '38' where `setting` = 'sqlpatch';
1 patch(es) applied. Now you need to delete the files inside of the www/lib/smar
ty/templates_c folder."

PS

It would be  awesome if when you have time nzedb team could extend search to searching within "Rar Contains:"...GHob79TM\GHob79TM\The title.iso content.
So searching for "title" it would show you this collection.  Lots of movies can be foudn this way and they are not detected automatically by nzedb ;) just a suggestion. I think it would come real handy. Also i would suggest that NFO's could be searched too.(like binsearch)
« Last Edit: 2013-05-18, 03:20:53 pm by Semela »